Another day, another Republican under the glass for dirty-money dealings…
This pasty-faced fellow is Spencer Bachus, one of the rightiest righties in the Wrong Wing — a hardcore fiscal conservative, anti-tax nut, unapologetic warmonger, one of the last holdouts on the losing side of the failure that is the “War on Drugs,” and the latest subject of investigation by the Office of Congressional Ethics, which, per WaPo, “opened its probe late last year after focusing on numerous suspicious trades on Bachus’s annual financial disclosure forms, the individuals said. OCE investigators have notified Bachus that he is under investigation and that they have found probable cause to believe insider-trading violations have occurred.”
Did we mention…? Bachus is — ever-so-ironically — chairman of the U.S. House Financial Services Committee.
This should get interesting. Stay tuned.
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Marcus Lamb Affair: Cops Drop “Extortion” Investigation; “No Evidence” of Crime
- CA Ethics Co-Chair Not Ready to Give Up on Spanky Duvall Probe
- Ensign: Senate Ethics Probe is On
- Two-Fer: Ken Ard (R-Questionable Ethics, S.C.) & Robert Cahaly (R-Man-O’-Faith, S.C.)
- David Rivera (R-NothingToSeeHereMoveAlong, Fla.)