Paul Babeu’s Ex-Boyfriend Sues for a Million Bucks, While New Times Unleashes Blockbuster Allegation About Sheriff’s Alleged Relationship With 17-Year-Old Student
On the off-chance you’re unfamiliar with the neverending saga of Paul Babeu (currently in the running for Most Interesting Conservative Babylonian of the Year), catch up with all the juicy goodness of this strange story before reading the latest:
• “Paul Babeu, R-MachoClosetCase, Ariz., & ‘Headmaster’ of Bizarre ‘Tough Love’ School, Mass.,” February 20, 2012
• “Now Paul Babeu Wants His Ex-Boyfriend Investigated?,” February 22, 2012
And now, the latest:
The man who accused Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu of making threats against him to prevent him from revealing their romantic relationship filed paperwork Monday signaling he intends to sue both the sheriff and the county.
The notice of claim, which attorneys for Jose Orozco filed with the sheriff and the county Board of Supervisors, seeks $1 million in damages, according to County Manager Fritz Behring.
Full story: azcentral.com, March 6, 2012
Meanwhile, Monica Alonzo at the the Phoenix New Times takes a good, deep dig into the aspect of the Babeu story that, from the beginning, has disturbed us far more than the accusation that he’d threatened his undocumented ex with deportation — his past as “headmaster” of the highly controversial (and, in our opinion, cult-like) DeSisto School — only Alonzo takes on a little factoid we had heard before, but wouldn’t dare touch with a ten-foot cattle prod ourselves: an alleged sexual relationship with a student.
Mind you, we did not write this, nor are we saying the allegation is true or not — we’re just telling you what Alonzo is reporting — while we microwave an extra-big bag of popcorn as we read along with you:
The most riveting detail to come out of Paul Babeu’s three-year tenure as head of a private Massachusetts boarding school for troubled teens was his close relationship with a 17-year-old student there.
Former students of the now-defunct school tell New Times that they often saw Babeu showering attention on fellow student Joshua Geyer.
“I’d see [Babeu] around campus all the time,” says Melissa Burech, who attended DeSisto School during Babeu’s tenure. “And I saw [Babeu and Josh] together more than they should’ve been. I saw [Babeu] take him off campus.”
Babeu’s sister, Lucy, alleges that Babeu was engaged in a sexual relationship with Geyer. …
“Everybody on campus knew about it,” [a former student] says. “When Josh left the program, and so did Paul, it was a big thing about them dating. Everybody knew.” …
Hit the link and read on.
And, here — have some popcorn.
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Now Paul Babeu Wants His Ex-Boyfriend Investigated?
- Paul Babeu, R-MachoClosetCase, Ariz., & “Headmaster” of Bizarre “Tough Love” School, Mass.
- Televangelist Two-Fer: Publisher Claims Benny Hinn Had “Inappropriate Relationship” with Paula White; Sues Hinn for Violating Morality Clause
- Snake Oil Salesman Paul Lewis’s Statutory Rape & Perversion of Justice Trial on Hold
- Paul Stanley Quits Tennessee Senate, Asks Forgiveness, Bashes Bloggers