“Why is the same political party that’s so opposed to Big Government actively undermining one of our most cherished constitutional protections against it — the separation of church and state? — in order to have its way on abortion?
“Easy. Throughout history men have controlled ‘the weaker sex.’
“Conservatives argue that because it was always so, it must be right. (Let’s go back to child labor, too, shall we?) Religious zealots call it the will of God.
“Either way, men who seek to curb abortion rights are in fact unwilling to give up what they perceive as their own reproductive rights.
“It’s the reverse of penis envy. I call it uterus envy.
“Men of the Rush Limbaugh stripe hate it when women take ownership of anything, but reproduction especially. Best to keep women dependent, even if that means on welfare, by allowing them only a half interest in their own body if a man has staked a claim there.”
— Bonnie Blodgett
“The politics of pregnancy and hypocrisy”
Minneapolis Star Tribune, March 17, 2012
Related posts (automatically generated):
- The Hypocrisy Files: Religious Liberty: Non-Christians Need Not Apply, Part 1
- The Hypocrisy Files: Romney’s “Not Terribly Relevant” Planned Parenthood Support
- The Hypocrisy Files: The Bane of Bain
- The Hypocrisy Files: “These Repressed, Sexually Dysfunctional People Should Not Be Allowed To Determine The Course Of Anyone Else’s Future”
- The Hypocrisy Files: Santorum Was for College Before He Was Against It