“During the last few weeks, we have seen an outrageous attempt to impose sharia law on the US government and the American public.
“NOT Muslim sharia; it is Roman Catholic ‘sharia’ about contraception that the US Conference of Catholic Bishops has been trying to impose on Americans of all faiths and beliefs who happen to work at a Catholic-sponsored hospital or university. …
“Yet the same voices — Fox News, various candidates for President — that have bitterly attacked non-existent attempts by American Muslims to impose sharia on the public have not criticized this actual real-life attempt at doing so by the bishops. Indeed, many of these same voices have supported the bishops. …
“The only threat to religious freedom was the attempt by the bishops to deny religious freedom to the employees of those institutions — Catholics and others — whose religious consciences are totally at peace with the use of contraception.”
— Rabbi Arthur Waskow
“Imposing ‘Sharia’: Roman Catholic Version”
Huffington Post, February 27, 2012
Related posts (automatically generated):
- The Hypocrisy Files: The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and “Religious Freedom”
- The Hypocrisy Files: Religious Liberty: Non-Christians Need Not Apply, Part 3
- The Hypocrisy Files: Where’s the Day of Prayer and Fasting for Abuse Victims?
- The Hypocrisy Files: Religious Liberty: Non-Christians Need Not Apply, Part 1
- The Hypocrisy Files: McCain Was for the Republican War on Women Before He Was Against It