“Opponents of Washington State’s new marriage-equality law submitted enough signatures today to bring the measure to the ballot box in November. The signatures were submitted just one day before the new law was to take effect. …
“‘The current definition of marriage works and has worked,’ said [Preserve Marriage Washington]‘s Joseph Backholm.
“Apparently Backholm never heard about when divorce was nearly impossible, when blacks couldn’t marry whites, or when a man could legally rape a woman if they were husband and wife.”
— “WA Marriage Foes Submit Enough Signatures For November Referendum”
Queerty, June 6, 2012
Related posts (automatically generated):
- The Hypocrisy Files: If Same-Sex Marriage Doesn’t Hurt Anybody, Then What Is Mike Long “Defending” Marriage From?
- The Hypocrisy Files: Marriage Isn’t What It Used to Be (And It Never Was)
- The Hypocrisy Files: If They Really Wanted to “Protect Marriage,” They’d Outlaw Divorce
- The Hypocrisy Files: Maggie Gallagher Wants Proof Gay Marriage Does No Harm Over 30 Years — While Making It Impossible for Gays to Marry, Ever
- The Hypocrisy Files: Special Christian Marriage Edition