“‘If I’m elected president we’re going to repeal Obamacare and replace it with real reform,’ Romney said… ‘Gosh I hope [the U.S. Supreme Court does] the right thing and turn this thing down,” Romney told a fundraiser in Atlanta… ‘And say it’s unconstitutional because it is.’
“At the heart of the conservative complaints about the president’s [Affordable Care Act] is its individual mandate, which forces all Americans to buy health insurance, if they can afford it, or pay a fine.
“As most voters now know, the president fashioned much of his law by borrowing heavily from the reform plan signed into law by Romney when he was governor of Massachusetts six years ago. The centerpiece of the Massachusetts plan is its own mandate.”
— Jim Acosta
“Romney once touted mandate he now deems unconstitutional”
CNN, June 28, 2012
Related posts (automatically generated):
- The Hypocrisy Files: “The Subtext Is That Romney Is A Huge Liar”
- The Hypocrisy Files: Romney Was for Santorum Before He Was Against Him
- The Hypocrisy Files: Why Isn’t Mitt Romney Speaking Out Against Witchcraft and Smart-Mouthed Kids?
- The Hypocrisy Files: Or, The Real Reason Romney Won’t Discuss His Religion
- The Hypocrisy Files: If the GOP Cared About Latinos…