The Hypocrisy Files: And On Even-Numbered Days, Romney’s Against Education For The Undocumented… Or For It… Or… Waitaminute…
“He ridiculed Gov. Rick Perry for Texas’ policy of allowing in-state tuition for undocumented college students there. And he steadfastly supported Arizona’s fight against the federal lawsuit to overturn its immigration law, which sought to impose police state restrictions on undocumented immigrants. He said, ‘The right course for America is to drop these lawsuits against Arizona and other states that are trying to do the job Barack Obama isn’t doing. And I will drop those lawsuits on day one.’
“But after President Obama moved this month to halt the deportation of hundreds of thousands of young immigrants, Romney changed his tone.
“On June 21, before the Supreme Court ruling, he spoke to the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials and promised to ‘staple a green card to your diploma’ for undocumented immigrants who earned advanced degrees.”
— Bill Boyarsky
“Romney Plays Latino Twister”
Truthdig, June 27, 2012
Related posts (automatically generated):
- The Hypocrisy Files: Romney Disavows Romneycare
- The Hypocrisy Files: Or, The Real Reason Romney Won’t Discuss His Religion
- The Hypocrisy Files: “The Subtext Is That Romney Is A Huge Liar”
- The Hypocrisy Files: Why Isn’t Mitt Romney Speaking Out Against Witchcraft and Smart-Mouthed Kids?
- The Hypocrisy Files: If the GOP Cared About Latinos…