Video after the jump.
Before he was a candidate (a Republican candidate, a Facebook campaign page announces prominently) for Sheriff of Oconee County, South Carolina, 54-year-old James Richard Bartee, Jr.,was a senior special agent for the Secret Service, and then a private investigator.
Now he’s a suspect in a plot to kidnap a judge.
• “South Carolina sheriff’s candidates embroiled in legal troubles,” AP, June 10, 2012
• “Solicitor: Former Oconee County Sheriff Candidate Indicted By Grand Jury,” WSPA, July 10, 2012
• “Former Sheriff candidate indicted in kidnapping plot,” WYFF, July 10, 2012
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Jason “JT” Ready: Mormon Republican Neo-Nazi Mass Murderer… And Dead Candidate for Pinal County Sheriff (P.S. And How Did Russell Pearce Sleep Last Night?)
- South Carolina Laurens County Republican Party Purity Test Eliminates 99% of All Republicans from Membership Consideration
- Gerry Heck, Who Lost Republican Primary to Ted Klaudt, Indicted for Child Sexual Abuse
- Arapahoe County, Co., Sheriff Patrick Sullivan (R-TedHaggardRevisited)
- Tom Tolbert: Husband of Republican Senate Candidate Staffer Registers Dog as Democrat, Admits Voter Fraud, May Face Felony Charges