• “Proposition 8 Donor Arrested on Child Porn Charges (Yes, Another One),” March 13, 2012
According to Mountain News — “Ex-Rim Teacher Admits Sex Charge: Ballantyne May Face 10 Years in Federal Prison” — Ballantyne has pleaded guilty to a single felony charge involving “swapping explicit sex photos on the Internet” with underage girls for which he “could spend 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to a felony, a federal prosecutor said Tuesday.”
There’s a long list of conditions in the 23-page plea deal Ballantyne reportedly signed; among them registration as a sex offender and:
Ballantyne will be required to participate in psychological counseling or psychiatric treatment or a sex-offender treatment program and pay all or part of the costs.
The conditions of his probation, which will take effect after his prison term ends, will also include a prohibition on the possession of child pornography. He may also not have a post office box without his probation officer’s approval.
Ballantyne will also be forbidden to contact his victims — who include, according to the agreement, 13-year-old girls in New Jersey and Blythe, Calif. — and must come no closer than 100 yards to them.
He is also forbidden from frequenting places where minors are likely to be found, like school yards, parks, public swimming pools, playgrounds and video arcades.
In addition, he is barred from owning or working for a business that sells materials depicting sexual contact and may not possess computers, computer equipment, passwords or e-mail addresses not approved by his probation officer.
Ballantyne will also be required to pay up to $32 a month for federal monitoring of his computer and, should he gain monetarily from the images he obtained on the Internet, he must submit the funds to the government and turn over ownership of those images to authorities.
As an added bonus: Although he will still be free to donate money to all the bigoted ballot amendments he wants, as a felon, “Ballantyne will also give up basic rights of citizenship, including the rights to vote, own a firearm, hold public office and serve on a jury.”
That means he’ll never be able to vote to strip anyone of the legal right to marry again.
Come to think of it, he won’t be able vote for Mitt Romney this fall, either.
Formal sentencing is scheduled for October 29, 2012.
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Mormon Proposition 8 Donor Eugene Ballantyne Indicted on New Child Porn & Exploitation Charges
- You Know That Proposition 8 Donor Arrested on Child Porn Charges? You Guessed It…
- Proposition 8 Donor Arrested on Child Porn Charges (Yes, Another One)
- Mormon Mommy Susan Brock Pleads Not Guilty to 15 Child Molestation Charges
- Keith Brown, “Devoutly Mormon” Father & Former Manager of Five Browns Piano Clan, Pleads Guilty to Sexually Abusing Daughters… After “Accident” That Looks Like Attempt to Kill Himself and His Wife (with News Video)