And so is public condemnation of atheists (who, being non-believers, must not have “souls” that can be “injured” in the first place), and all other non-Catholics, who have no “human dignity” worth preserving, let alone “values” or “feelings,” so are fair game for scorn and derision. Isn’t that, right, Luddy?
“A Catholic bishop has called for a blasphemy law in Germany, saying all religions deserved legal protection from attack in order to preserve human dignity.
“‘Those who injure the souls of believers with scorn and derision must be put in their place and in some cases also punished,’ said Bamberg Archbishop Ludwig Schick on Wednesday.
“He said there should be a ‘Law against the derision of religious values and feelings,’ the Süddeutsche Zeitung reported. …”
— “Bishop calls for blasphemy laws”
The Local, August 2, 2012
Related posts (automatically generated):
- The Hypocrisy Files: Scapegoating Gays for Perversion and Profit
- The Hypocrisy Files: Joel Osteen Doesn’t Think Gays Should Be Discriminated Against, Except When It Comes to Discriminating Against Gays
- The Hypocrisy Files: Timothy Dolan: Punishing the Poor to Keep Women Barefoot and Pregnant (Mostly Pregnant)
- The Hypocrisy Files: Maggie Gallagher Wants Proof Gay Marriage Does No Harm Over 30 Years — While Making It Impossible for Gays to Marry, Ever
- The Hypocrisy Files: For Christians, There’s a Lot of Motivation to Engage In Self-Deception