“But when it comes to the retelling of his Olympics story, Romney never mentions the L word. Lobbyist.
“Romney wasn’t just the head of the Salt Lake Organizing Committee. Romney was also a registered lobbyist for the organization, Utah state records show. …
“The Romney campaign did not respond to multiple requests for comment about Romney’s Olympics role as a registered lobbyist.
“While Romney has since ignored his lobbyist history, he attacked his primary opponents for lobbying. He assailed challenger Newt Gingrich for working a Washington lobbyist. ‘Well, what’s he been doing for 15 years? He’s been working as a lobbyist, yeah, he’s been working as a lobbyist and selling influence around Washington,’ Romney told a crowd in Florida during the primary. The Romney campaign leveled similar charges against Sen. Rick Santorum, questioning his role as a lobbyist in Pennsylvania. …”
— Jason Cherkis
“Mitt Romney Registered As Lobbyist For Salt Lake City Olympics”
Huffington Post, July 26, 2012
Related posts (automatically generated):
- The Hypocrisy Files: Why Isn’t Mitt Romney Speaking Out Against Witchcraft and Smart-Mouthed Kids?
- The Hypocrisy Files: Mitt Romney And The Aborted-Fetus Disposal Company Redux
- The Hypocrisy Files: Romney Was for Santorum Before He Was Against Him
- The Hypocrisy Files: Mitt Romney’s Amazingly (And Conveniently) Presentient Math
- The Hypocrisy Files: Mitt “Let’s Fight for the America We Love” Romney’s “Pro-America” Pins Made in China