He didn’t even get to enjoy the rest of his “month”…
Backstory: “Moran of the Month: Cereal Killer Michael Leisner Protests General Mills, Lights Company’s Lawn on Fire,” August 8, 2012
The Smoking Gun reports:
The gay marriage opponent whose recent fiery, videotaped protest outside General Mills gained national attention — and triggered a criminal investigation — died over the weekend, according to police.
Michael Leisner, 65, died Saturday while running an errand near his Andover, Minnesota home. His funeral service is scheduled for Friday morning at the Emmanuel Christian Center.
Dwight Denyes, the church’s senior pastor, told TSG that Leisner … apparently died of a heart attack Saturday while waiting in his car for two of his children to finish playing tennis.
Were those the same two kids Leisner brought with him to videotape dear ol’ Dad setting fire to the General Mills lawn?
In any case, we know one thing: If some gay person had done anything so stupid, then dropped dead a week later, the religious zealots would be yakking their little heads off about God’s wrath. You know they would.
There’s more of the story at the TSG link — including this note that will crack you up, even if you’re the sort who feels compelled to extend condolences to the family of the departed (no matter how big a poopyhead the departed might have been):
In a Facebook tribute, one of Leisner’s nephews — a missionary in Costa Rica — wrote in Spanish that Leisner was as “bold as a lion of God,” though some would remember him as “a flaming Elijah.” Unfortunately, an English translation on the Facebook page mangled part of the tribute. “Please pray for the family of Mike to feel the spirit of God as dildo in this time of a loss,” the Bing translation notes.”
Was the nephew (or Bing) thinking of a different pastor — say, Gary Aldridge?
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Moran of the Month: Cereal Killer Michael Leisner Protests General Mills, Lights Company’s Lawn on Fire
- Flaming Hypocrite of the Week: Accused Peeping Tom Jonathan Matheny
- Michael Salman: It Has Nothing to Do with “Religious Persecution,” And “Everything to Do with the Size of the Structure, Lack of Exit Signs, Fire Sprinklers and Doors”
- Expelled Christian College Student Suspect in Shooting Spree That Leaves Seven Dead
- Preacher Bites Cop: Staten Island Ferry Nuisance Michael Ihedioha (a.k.a. Michael Nwadiuko) Busted on Felony Assault