Grant Storms, Radical Anti-Gay Activist Preacher Who Appeared to Advocate Murder of Gays, Convicted of Public Wanking Near Children’s Playground
Grant Storms — and if that doesn’t sounds like a porn name, we don’t know what does — was just sentenced to three years’ probation for wiggling his willy in a public park near a children’s playground.
Storms, who after his arrest said he knew what “hypocrisy” was, admitted on video that “the nature of” his “problem” was “pornography,” and publicly apologized to the gay community for being “proudful” [sic], “arrogant,” and “mean-spirited” in the wake of his efforts to shut down Southern Decadence:
An activist’s lawsuit claiming a Wisconsin gay rights group defamed him by accusing him of advocating the murder of gays is frivolous, the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
Anti-gay activist the Rev. Grant Storms, of New Orleans, sued gay rights group Action Wisconsin after it took excerpts from a 2003 speech Storms made in Milwaukee and claimed he was advocating the murder of gays. …
Storms, who hosts a talk show on a New Orleans radio station, considers himself a Christian activist and has protested what he calls “the homosexual agenda.”
In 2003, Wisconsin Christians United invited him to speak at the International Conference on Homo-Fascism in Milwaukee.
Action Wisconsin obtained an audio recording of his speech and publicized remarks it said incited violence against gays. The group issued a press release saying Storms made sounds like gunfire, as if he were shooting gay people, and said, “God has delivered them into our hands. Boom boom boom … there’s twenty! Ca-ching! Glory, glory to god.”
The press release also admonished a state senator for attending “a speech apparently advocating the murder of his own constituents.” …
Apology not accepted, Grant. You would have come across as more sincere if you’d recognized your “proudful” [sic], mean-spirited — and potentially lethal — arrogance before you were caught wanking near kiddies… for the third time.
20/20 hindsight doesn’t count — and suggests the only thing you were sorry for was getting caught.
• “Conservative Christians, Gays To Share Quarter: Southern Decadence Will Draw Visitors As Well As Protesters,” WDSU¸February 28, 2011
• “Southern Decadence protest leader booked with masturbating at Metairie park,” Michelle Hunter, Times-Picayune, February 28, 2011
• “Rev. Storms Calls Himself Hypocrite After Arrest: Conservative Pastor Offers Tearful Apology,” WDSU¸March 1, 2011
• “Tearful apology from ex-preacher after arrest,” WWLTV, March 1, 2011
• “Rev. Grant Storms, critic of Southern Decadence, convicted of obscenity for public masturbation,” Paul Purpura, NOLA.com, August 22, 2012
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Radical Anti-Gay Activist Bill Whatcott Detained for Littering Calgary With Foul-Smelling Garbage
- The Hypocrisy Files: If SPLC is Culpable for FRC Shooting, Then Anti-Gay Groups Are Responsible For All Anti-Gay Vandalism, Assault, Bullying, Murder & Suicide
- Son of Anti-Gay Activist Preacher T.D. Jakes Arrested for Indecent Exposure
- Perpetually Puckered Gary Bauer Takes Shot at Resurrecting Blacks-v.Gays Wedge
- Andy Gipson Doesn’t Call for Death to Gays — He Lets the Bible Do It for Him