As noted in the September 25th Black Collar Crime Round-Up:
Not guilty plea: Paul A. LaCharite, 65, priest, formerly of St. James Episcopal Church, Somerville, Massachusetts, to charges of sexually abusing a boy, whose family were members of the church, for more than ten years. CBS Boston quotes Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone: “We allege that this defendant, holding a trusted position within the Episcopal Church, indecently assaulted and touched the victim over several years, only ending his 10 year long predatory abuse of the victim when the defendant left the church.” LaCharite has been charged with one count of assault to rape a child and three counts of indecent assault and battery on a child. Story: CBS Boston, September 7, 2012
Reports the Boston Herald:
An Episcopal priest who was accused of sex crimes against a young parishioner died of an apparent drug overdose [September 26, 2012] on the sixth floor of the Government Center parking garage, police and his lawyer said.
Police said they were called to the garage about 7:40 p.m. and found a man inside a gray 2006 Saturn. Police attempted to perform CPR on the man, but were unsuccessful. Boston EMS declared the patient dead at 8:05 p.m., and the call was referred to the Medical Examiner, police said.
Attorney David Meier confirmed the man was his client, the Rev. Paul A. LaCharite, 65, formerly of St. James Episcopal Church in Somerville. LaCharite was charged with one count of assault to rape a child, and three counts of indecent assault and battery on a child under the age of 14, according to the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office. …
More at the link.
Related posts (automatically generated):
- New Jersey Priest Richard Milewski Accused of Child Sex Abuse Against 13-Year-Old Boy in Mid-1980s
- Franklin E. Huntress, Jr.: Massachusetts Episcopal Priest Defrocked After Decade-Old Molestation Allegations Surface
- Black Collar Crime Round-Up: September 25, 2012, Part 2
- Ex-Louisiana Priest Mark Broussard Charged With 54 Counts of Molestation Against 8-Year-Old
- Ex-Priest Mark Broussard Arrested Again; Now Facing Nearly 200 Counts of Battery & Rape