— Elise Foley
“Mitt Romney: Marriage Between A Man And A Woman Is ‘My Own Preference’”
Huffington Post, May 9, 2012
“Mitt Romney claimed Thursday during an interview that his opposition to same-sex marriage has nothing to do with his religious beliefs.
“‘As a society, I think we’re better off if we encourage the establishment of homes with a mother and a father,’ Romney told KETV’s Rob McCartney after a speech in Omaha.
“Asked if religion played into his opposition, Romney replied, ‘I indicated that’s based entirely upon a civil understanding of the needs of a society like our own.’
“‘So it doesn’t have any weight?’ McCartney asked.
“‘It’s not a religious decision,’ Romney said. ‘It’s based upon what I believe is right for the nation and the building of strong generations for our future.’”
— Ariel Edwards-Levy
“Mitt Romney: Gay Marriage Opposition ‘Not A Religious Decision’”
Huffington Post, May 11, 2012
We’re running a big batch of special posts on Mitt Romney’s flip-flops & other appalling examples of hypocrisy from now until all polls close Tuesday night. Add your own on Twitter using the hashtag #RomneyHypocrisy (and feel free to re-tweet ours)!
Related posts (automatically generated):
- Mitt Romney Hypocrisy Countdown: We’ll Take Judy Dushku’s Word for It
- Mitt Romney Hypocrisy Countdown: When Mitt Issued Special Gay-Marriage Licenses
- Mitt Romney Hypocrisy Countdown: Hijacking Dr. King for Fun & Profit
- Mitt Romney Hypocrisy Countdown: Draft Dodger Didn’t “Long” Hard Enough to Go to Vietnam
- Mitt Romney Hypocrisy Countdown: It’s Not Worth Nailing Osama bin Laden in Pakistan… Unless It Happens, and Then I’ll Jump Right On the Bandwagon